Pages

Something New

Windows XP SP 3 performing cleanup service pack 3 taking a long time

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Windows XP SP 3 performing cleanup service pack 3 taking a long time or freeze ... or the "performing cleanup" hang ...

I tried it and it's work (if you can just wait .... maybe 3-4 hours who knows but personally I think it's safer that way)

If you are a risk taker or simply cannot wait the performing cleanup at the final stage of the SP 3 upgrade installation ...

or if you are like me waited for 2 hours and fed up ... then you have 2 options

1. Stop the services (you can just go to task manager and stop the update.exe) or just hit the restart button, when it  ask to end the program just do it.

2. Just press the power button for 10 seconds to shut it down

I did the first one and everything looks fine now.

How to check if my windows xp sp3 upgraded successfully?
go to my computer right click on it choose properties you should see SP 3 over there...

then congrats ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading

Sidebar One